Saturday 23 June 2012

To Beautify: DFO Shopper's

As I tweeted earlier, the ole ball and chain and I had a stupendous day yesterday!

We started the day by taking Stretch to school. I really enjoyed getting up at 7:20 (NOT)
Once finished up there, we went Wedding Venue shopping. We looked at two places. If you want to hear more about that go to my Wedding blog @Lenton Love

Next stop was a little road trip to Sydney to trek around DFO. What an amazing exercise?! I was seriously exhausted and fell asleep while the Mister drove home.

We visited many stores and made some great finds (spending way too much money in the process) so I thought that I'd share some of my gluttony with you guys.



Ok so I really had to cram all these bits and pieces in to get a photo, whilst hubby-to-be looked at me as though I'd lost my mind. Shall we go left to right? (as much as is humanly possible anyway)

The Pop by Sheridan range of bedding. This black and white stripe is a little variation on a classic with some stripes that look as though they have been painted onto the fabric. It's soooo us. We always have bland quilt covers and really bright sheets so it caught my eye straight away. I am going to load a pic of our bedroom done up with our new bedroom suite soon (including organising our WIR). The quilt came on its own, so we bought two regular sized pillowcases and two European pillowcases with it. The entire set cost us $105.00!

The DC hat is NOT for me by the way. I believe it was $30 but don't quote me.

We went to Form Home and found 2 gigantor mugs! Neither of us drink coffee but I have started to drink green tea again in my Healthy lifestyle regime I'm trying to kick off and the man of the house makes a mean hot milo.
We also got a little plastic shot glass, with measurements along the side which I thought was cute, and Aaron collects shot glasses so why not have a practical one?
A month or two ago we bought a pizza maker, so yesterday we also got a rotary pizza cutter which is pretty stylish.
Everything in there was 50% off. Total price $19

Along the back of the lounge there are some other goodies; jeans jeans jeans.
I got two pairs of Jeanswest jeans for $109. Because I'm really short and a fairly small build, I tried on the Petite Super Skinny jeans and they are amazing! I need to do a little dance to get into them, and in the blue pair there is slight muffin top, but I don't go around showing off my stomach so I don't think that'll be an issue. Black jeans and dark dark blue which I'm in love with.

The boy got 2 pairs of jeans too.. 2 for $70 from Quiksilver. They are so nice. The dark blue ones have a kind of washed effect, but it's actually a dirty wash. Love them. And the lighter ones have slight rips but they are gorgeous too.

My little pom pom beanie I bought from Jeanswest too. Can't remember how much that was.

Aaron bought a 4pk of underclothes too for $9.99 which was amazing.

I decided I'd buy the little ones a new surf brand shirt each for chrissie so I bought them in bigger sizes. The yellow one is for the ankle biter and the navy blue one is for the little tacker. They only have one surf brand shirt each at the moment, because they're generally so expensive, but these were $20 each.

The coral coloured shirt next is from Cotton On. It has some great batwings going on. I am not 100% sold on it but Aaron really liked it. The following shirt I LOVED. It's a mullet.. Which I usually hate, but I loved the green and orange geometric shapes and I do tend to go for looser tops.

The black dress hanging over the other clothes is a sweetheart dress and the straps are way too loose so I need to fix those before I can wear it! $10 from Ripcurl.

The two white Billabong Shirts down the bottom are Aaron's. I think they are simply darling, and they were only $20ea (added bonus).
The two hooded jumpers up, grey and charcoal are also from Billabong and they were only $30ea which is basically thievery.

I bought the two Billabong handbags (and yes, the pink and black bags are exactly the same, but I really loved the style!) for only $30. Not each.. $30 for both. I'm not making this up.

And finally, the shirt on the end is from Cotton On and it is a really dressy shirt. It's a satin and there's a zipper up the front.

So, there's a few things that I left out. We also went to a place that I absolutely love.. Ikea

I stumbled across this blog by msTapioca whilst looking on Pinterest and I knew I wanted the Godmorgon compartment box for my makeup bits and pieces. So that's what I bought. I also bought two of the Rajtan spice jar packs of 4 for $3.49ea.

I also got an adaptor from Target, for the boys Leap Frog LeapPad's.

That's well and truly enough from me now. If you want to know anything else about my purchases please comment below.

I'd love to hear what your favourite Ikea item or series is




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and ideas - the broth is never spoiled by too many cooks :)